Due to the widespread acceptance of the Android platform all over the world, many web sites have been created to provide answers to questions related to its usage.
One of those sites is Android Enthusiasts. At the time of writing this post, there are more than 13,000 questions covered in that website. Most of them include answers, although the quality of the answers given varies, being this a collaborative work performed by volunteers with different levels of skills and knowledge.
An interesting information that can be obtained is the number of times that the page for a given question has been visited, because it gives an idea of what are the most common issues faced by users of android devices.
Below is a list of the most visited questions in “Android Enthusiasts” until April 2013, sorted from most to least visited:
- 122k I’ve rooted my phone. Now what? What do I gain from rooting?
See OpenAlfa post about Apps that can be used on a rooted Android device
- 106k “MTP USB Device” driver error (screenshot) when connecting my Galaxy S to my PC in Kies mode — How can I resolve this problem?
- 102k How do I root my Android device?
This is a quite generic question, because the procedure to root a device is different for each brand and model.
In this blog you can find the procedure to root two types of android phones:
- 91k HTC Desire low on internal storage, I’m clueless — Any help?
- 86k How can I free up more space on my Android (2.2 Froyo) phone?
- 78k What can I do to manage my phone’s internal storage?
Again, this type of question is commonly asked for many types of device, not only the HTC Desire. After the device has been used for some time, and some apps have been installed, warnings start showing about the internal storage being almost full.
In this blog you can read the post on How to move apps to the SD card of an android device to fix this type of issue.
- 78k How can I get Kies to detect my Galaxy S GT-i9000 on Windows 7?
- 61k How can I change the default browser?
See: Cómo cambiar el navegador por defecto en Android
- 58k How to change the account for Android Market?
- 54k How can I uninstall applications that are locked by phone vendor?
- 52k How to backup Angry Birds saves/data?
- 50k How to disable battery full notification sound?
- 45k How to play a YouTube clip in background/minimised?
- 44k How can I download an APK file from the Play Store?
- 40k What can I do to increase battery life on my Android device?
- 40k How can I prevent applications from running on startup? [duplicate]
- 36k Are there any Android browsers that support loading a Java Applet in-browser?
- 35k How to set up reverse tethering over USB?
- 34k How can I install .jar files on my Android?
- 33k What does “to root a phone” mean?
- 28k How can I prevent my device from automatically converting SMS to MMS?
- 29k How can I open an HTML file I have copied from PC to SD Card of Phone?
- 26k Logout from Gmail on my device
- 26k Can I install Android on my non-Android device?
- 25k Where in the file system are applications installed?
- 24k How can I get apps from the Amazon app store from an unsupported region?
- 23k How do I project the screen of my android phone for a presentation?
- 19k How to move phone contacts to Google?
- 18k What does it mean when the connectivity icons in the status bar go white/gray?
- 18k How can I stop applications and services from running?
- 16k Can you connect USB devices to an Android phone?
- 15k How to install APK files on SDCARD?
- 15k Where can find older versions of Apps?
- 14k How can I fix the GPS on my Samsung Galaxy S?
- 13k SD card partitioning? why? how?
- 12k Does constant charging harm my Android cellphone?
- 11k What are the alternative Android app markets?
- 11k Where can I find stock or custom ROMs for my Android device?
- 8k How can I install the Google Apps Package (Play Store, …) on my Android device?
- 5k How to backup an Android device?